Earlier today I posted a photograph to my Facebook. I thought it was a cool photograph, but not much more.
It received immediate and strong positive reaction. I thought how funny - they don’t know how bad this shot started out.
Here is the image I posted.
From my flight out of LGA Airport.
Equipped with my D700 and a 85mm tilt/shift lens, I tilted slightly and focused on the barely noticeable skyline and got one frame off before the pilot turned us away.
It came out like this.
Not so good, eh?
I did a couple of things…
1. Straightened it. (Aperture)
2. Set new black & white points. (Aperture)
3. Added contrast & definition. (Aperture)
4. Processed toned B&W. (Silver Efex Pro)
5. Removed window frame from corner. (Ps)
So what started out as an easy throw away image from a hot, hazy morning in NYC took 20 minutes of editing and created a reaction.
What are you throwing away?